Since the birth of our daughter in December, i’ve realised just how hard it is to breastfeed in my old wardrobe clothes!!! Not only have my boobies tripled in size making it harder to fit into my old clothes, but my whole body shape has changed, grown, stretched and morphed into a whole new ME! Basically means everything I owned pre baby, is pretty much collecting dust hanging in my closet!
When I started to search for feeding friendly clothes, our choices were very bloody obvious; FUGLY or bloody expensive (and most of the time both at the same time!). The lack of affordable/trendy options made me want to start up my own line of Mama/ Baby friendly clothes like yesterday!
I’ve put together a list of my fave must haves for you feeding Mamas out there. Some are designed for breastfeeding in mind and some options are just everyday clothes with easy access. I’ve selected a range of clothes all with different price tags, but all of which I can honestly recommend as a wardrobe staple. I’ve also made it easy for you to shop on line as I understand first-hand now that going into the shops is pretty much impossible these days!
Some tips before you start shopping:
- Don’t feel like you have to buy from a maternity store. There’s plenty of feeding friendly options in normal clothes stores
- Find tops and dresses that have buttons, zips, wrap around style or stretchy to be pulled down
- Keep in mind most good quality things will be semi pricey; You get what you pay for. Unless you only shop in the cheaper chain stores then you will be looking at prices over $50
- Off shoulder items- Wear a soft stretchy bandeau bra to pull down with the top
- Invest in a good pair of leggings that you can chuck on with dresses and longer tops
Kyree’s Top Finds:
- The Self Styler: Phoenix Dress $79 Shop Here This dress is super light for summer and with buttons makes it the perfect feeding dress. Lots more feeding friendly/ Non fugly dresses and tops on this site also.
2. The Self Styler: Fawn Wrap Dress $89 Shop Here. Wrap around style is very on trend right now which is SUPER awesome for us boobie feeding mamas! The wrap around style is a flattering shape for all body types and gives us easy access to feed in.
3. The Self Styler: Red Maxi $69 Shop Here. Buttons down the front for access.
4. The Self Styler: Sage maxi dress $95 Shop Here I found I have to wear a singlet under this dress as it’s very “boobie” BUT It’s still very easy to access for feeding and I love wearing this one.
5. Francis & Henry: Nursing Dress $89. Shop Here. This is from over seas but this is dress a must have staple for ALL mamas! I LIVE in both my light grey and dark grey dresses. Took them to the hospital with me as I needed comfort and now I chuck leggings on underneath to dress them up- Hello versatile. The material is SOOOO soft and stretchy so I can just pull them down at the neck line without any fuss.
6. Cotton On: Basic Singlets $15 Shop Here. I love these stretchy singlets as I can just pull them down at the neck line. Invest in a heap of these bad boys as I can tuck them into skirts, wear them casually with my jeans and feel comfortable knowing I can just pull out my boob from the top without any fuss.
7. Dwell & Slumber: Dresses $62 Shop Here These dresses are a bit harder to buy as they have limited releases. But I highly recommend you stalk them when their next drop lands!!! I LOVEEE how comfy this dress is, I can’t even describe how perfect it is. With stud buttons at the top and a very soft stretchy cotton material, it makes for the perfect slouch around the house Mama dress.
8. Max & Mee: Lewin Dress $84.95 Shop Here This dress is super versatile- Worn as a dress or with leggings in the cooler weather. With buttons for access to boobie, there’s also a little inbuilt crop top inside so your entire cleavage is NOT on show when you feed. Check out all the other feeding friendly clothes on their site too.
9. Kmart: Nursing Singlets $15 Shop Here. So I wear these every night to bed with my undies! No bra needed as they have an inbuilt shelf bra. I don’t really like the rest of the Kmart maternity range. Yes it’s super affordable but some of it can be rather daggy and not very trendy.
10. Blossom & Glow: Nursing Tank $69. Shop Here. A little dressier but love the colour of this one!
11. Blossom & Glow: Maxi Dress $84 Shop Here. I own A LOT from B&G because their quality is amazing! Most of the maternity clothes I wore from them during my pregnancy can be worn now as I can just pull my boob out from the top/ or if it’s a wrap around for easy access. Check out all the other feeding friendly/ amazing quality options on their site under the Feeding tab.
12. Feather & Noise: Shiloh off the shoulder dress $69 Shop Now. Everyone asks “how do you wear off the shoulder while feeding!” Well I just use a soft stretchy bandeau instead of a wire maternity bra. Super easy to pull out the boob from the top if you just pull the dress down under it.
13. Feather & Noise: Deliah Maxi Dress $85 Shop Now. I got this in a size 12 to make room for my new delicious boobies and wore it home from the hospital with Alaska. Make sure you check out all the other feeding friendly options on this site. Lots of options with buttons making it so much easier for boob access.
14. Amor & Grace: Florence Cape top $74 Shop Here Love the look of this blouse, the colour is stunning! It would be perfect for a more dressier top with heels or more casual with a pair of denim jeans. Check out their other range on their site as there’s lots more options.
15. Moolk Shop: Rust button shirt $39 Shop Here. Love the colour of this blouse and of course the buttons allow for access. Check out their other range on their site as there’s lots more options.
16. Mumma Bear: Navy zip dress $49 Shop Here. Love love love how simple and elegant this dress is. It’s super trendy and would look stunning with flats, boots or heels. Check out their other range on their site as there’s lots more options.
17. Mumma Bear: Sienna Maxi Dress $59 Shop Here. Buttons and a low neck line allows for easy boobie access. Check out their other range on their site as there’s lots more options.
18. The Self Styler: Denim shirt $65 Shop Here. Super trendy, simple relaxed style and with buttons! Dream shirt!!!
19. The Self Styler: Evie Top $49 Shop Here. Love this boho look. I can just pull the top down over one boob and feed away.
20. Blossom & Glow: Capri blush shirt dress $120 Shop Here. I wore this all throughout my pregnancy and now I can wear it to feed in. It’s a more pricey piece but really worth the investment as I’m getting a lot of comfortable wear out of it.
21. Maive & Bo: Several Maxi Wrap dresses all $59 Shop Here. Love these dresses as I wore them during pregnancy and am now able to still wear them post baby. Worth every penny!!!
Jeanswest has an excellent range of feeding tops and have even done a dress. They’re comfy, stretchy and perfect to team with your existing wardrobe. I wait until their 40% off storewide sale is on and buy up then xx
Hi Kyree! If you ever decide to sell your D&S caftan, I would love to purchase from you!! 🖤🖤🖤
Thank you for this list Miss Kyree. Very helpful.
Another site I like for reasonably priced maternity dresses is frankieandco.com.au
Great list. I’m totally eyeing the wrap dress from maive and Bo.
Would love for you to check us out at http://www.emiliaelliott.com. We design our own breastfeeding clothing that aren’t ugly and don’t look like maternity wear at all! 😊
Thanks For doing all the trying and testing Miss Kyree! Sometimes us Mummas don’t have all the time in the world to go on, what can sometimes feel like an endless search, for fashionable BF friendly clothes. I’m about to have my second Bub and will def be in need of these. X
Hello lovely Miss Kyree and Mumma’s,
Feel free to check out my Instagram page @breast_feeding_friendly_bff
I find ALL kinds of clothes from a HUGE RANGE of brands that are beautiful to feed in. I do the hard leg work so you don’t have to.
Hope it helps!!!
Best and Less also do great maternity singlets- I prefer these to the Kmart ones myself. Thanks for this list Kyree!
ASOS all the way for me, I bought all my maternity and breastfeeding clothes there.
Hi Kyree, I’ve been struggling to find good quality black maternity tights, can you please give me a hint on where to get those ? X
Hello my love, try Blossom & Glow and even Ripe Maternity xxx
I stalk Dwell and Slumber for their restockes!
I just bought my 4th dress! They’re the best dress up or wear to bed piece of clothing I have ever owned!
I remember being excited to wear pretty clothes again after being pregnant but never accounted for the necessary boobie access! I found a few gems in maternity h&m and asos maternity online. In saying that, I wore my pyjamas home from the hospital with Kmart fluffy slippers that I proceeded to wear as shoes for any occasion for about a month… 😂