Here it is folks, the best and quickest Vanilla Slice recipe EVER! No jokes, even the shittest cook can whip this bad boy up. My Mum made this for us when we visited recently and it’s SAHHHHH GOOD!!! I dare you to give it a go!
What you Need:
1x Sao Crackers pack
1x 500ml Jar of cream
1x Packet custard powder Foster Clarks 80g packet (they come in small packets perfect for this)
4x cups Icing sugar
Knife to cut lol
How to make said AMAZINGNESS:
- Line the baking tray with baking paper so it goes up the sides of the tray
- Put down the crackers so they fill the base of the tray (cut the edges to size so the whole base of the tray is full)
- Place cream and custard powder into bowl, mix until smooth and custardy like
- Pour custard mixture onto the crackers
- Layer more crackers over the top of the filling making sure there are no gaps
- Pour icing onto the top of these crackers
- Put into fridge over night so it sets making it easy to cut
- Use knife to cut into squares
- EAT AND ENJOY
THAT’S IT. I know ermigawddd so easy ahaha. Watch my videos below on the process.
Just wondering what I did wrong with my custard – it’s runny and not set after a night in the fridge. Did you cook the custard as per instructions on the box and then mix with cream? Or just mix custard powder with cream before first cooking custard?
Oh dear! It shouldn’t be runny if you used the packet custard and 500mls of cream. Just asked my mum (who makes it)
No cooking needed.
You combine the packet with the cream mix until thick and that’s it
Did you use anything different perhaps?
Hi lovely, no it was made using 4x cups of icing sugar and poured that into the crackers
Just wondering how did u make the icing? Is it the same cream-custard mixture that u used in between the layers ?
Yum. Us that just thickened cream you use?