So it’s been a whole year since Alaska came into this world. A whole year that has flown past like the speed of light! As always, Miss Kyree Loves doesn’t do anything “small” so we planned an epic, magical day filled with endless love & fabulousness. We chose to celebrate her Naming day & birthday surrounded by all her family and friends with a fairy onederland themed party. Some of you may feel strongly that this celebration was extremely over the top, but we loved this whole day and don’t regret any single detail.
It’s obvious the first birthday is always the most sentimental of days, mostly for the parent’s, as the babies are too young to appreciate everything right! It’s a celebration of being successful parents for a whole year of your little humans new life. It’s also a fun day to see your baby’s little face light up with all the hard work you’ve put into planning their special day.
I’ve listed all our suppliers, scroll down and enjoy the spam!!!
Tips on hosting a Party
- If you’re going to be involved in styling as well as hosting, ensure you leave enough time to stop, breath, take in all your hard work and THEN go get ready. You want to appreciate & soak in all your efforts and planning before the party starts.
- If people offer to help SAY YES! I had several people allowing me to boss them around but without them, I wouldn’t have been able to pull the day off. Don’t take it all on yourself, even if you’re a perfectionist!
- Allocate roles to family and friends BEFORE the party commences, to allow you and your partner time to mingle and enjoy the party. We had people in charge of the food, music, photos and allowed Ben and I to just be present!
- Don’t do the cake too early as people tend to leave afterwards!
- Don’t put sweets in the party bags if you’re providing sugar foods during the party- your head will be on a pitch fork if you do! We sent most of our guests home in a sugar coma!
- Try and soak every moment in as it’s over in a flash!
Kellie Sinclair Photography. Kellie has become more like family after capturing our family for the past four years. Kellie photographed our engagement, wedding, maternity, newborn and now Alaska’s first birthday. It’s really special to be able to use the same person for so many special memories.
@blondebakingmama Made the most incredible cakes. I sent Kate about ten pictures of what I wanted but I didn’t have a clear vision of what I liked. I gave Kate the creative freedom to design what she liked and i think she nailed the brief!!! We had a two tiered cake for the birthday and guests and a small cake for Alaska’s naming ceremony.
Katie Cooper Floral Designs Katie worked her magic to help create a fairy whimsy magical wonderland! Armed with bunches of burgundy goodness, our dreary hall was transformed into a world of colour. Katie’s blooms are just incredible! Flowers spread out over the tables help to fill the space with colour to match our theme.
Rose & Lunar. These were made by the amazing Ally & customised to compliment the colour theme.
Nik Naks Sweetest Treats. The sweets on the candy cart were just delicious. I don’t think i’ve ever tasted anything so mouth watering before!
Under The Cotton Tree. This Candy floss was a fun addition to the table. The kids were able to take one and eat it at the party or take it home as apart of their goodie bag. One drilled some holes into a piece of wood so we could style them standing up.
Food Table Sweets
We used packet food from the supermarket to fill the table with yummy goodies to nibble on. My mum spent the day before making crackles, honey joys, cutting up fruit, fairy bread and cute little edible tea cups.
Turtle & The Pelican. Provided all the vintage style furniture. The delivery ladies were super helpful with setting up and delivering early on a Sunday to make the day possible.
Tables | Timber Folding Chairs | Drink Canisters | Drinks Table|Milk Bottles | Lounge Set | Wood Slices |Gold Candle Holders
Heart Strings Hire & Style provided the most divineeeee high chair!!! Gorgeous for photos to capture those first moments when you sing happy birthday.
The Sweets cart
We Create. This candy cart is one of a kind and super magical for any celebration. It was so much fun decorating this gorgeous feature piece to match the fairy theme.
Parties Kids Remember. These Fairies were out of this world talented and were worth every penny! They came dressed to impress and painted faces for a solid two hours. The kids were so excited and kept them entertained.
Turtle & The Pelican. These giant outdoor games were a huge hit! I wanted some fun that the adults could join in on too and these games were perfect for that.
Dough My Dear. We set up play dough on a rug in a corner and the kids went nuts over this! This particular play dough not only has stunning packaging but the smell of each tub is INCREDIBLE!!!
The Party Decorations
Parties Made Pretty. Tara was an absolutely legend styling this party for us. Throughout the whole planning process, Tara was right there when ever I needed her to float my crazy ideas off. She helped make this day & my magical vision come to life.
Balloon Garland | Liberty Print Table Wear | Swan Cake Topper | Blush Pink Fans | Giant Burgundy Balloons | Pink Feather Garland
Zilvi. Nic is a seriously talented human and I love supporting small!!! I told Nic exactly what I had envisioned for this party and she was able to make exactly what I wanted. It was important for me to have something special to gift to Alaska’s god parents and i’m so grateful Nic was able to design something purely magical for them.
Fairy God Parent Plaques | Kindness Fairy Wands | Alaska Luxe Giant name plaque | ONE cake topper |
Print & Party. I love working with Anna, she always is able to design what ever I want for special occasions. I told her the colour scheme I had in mind and asked for fairies to be included and she came up with this super whimsy, boho, enchanted fairy feel!
Fairy Invites | Custom Chocolates | Welcome Sign Put into an IKEA frame | Water Bottle Stickers | Bubble Stickers & Lolly Pop stickers |
Small Details (music food etc)
- We Used our Phone linked to Spotify to play music
- There was no BBQ so we improvised and cooked meat in slow cookers and served in those with bread rolls
- We provided a carton of cool drink and put cordial in the drink dispenser
- I bought some cheap lollipops from Red Dot and added stickers to fancy them up
- Bought cute little fairies from Red Dot to add around the venue
- Bout Pink bubble wands for the kids to play with
What was in our goodie bags
- No lollies as there was enough at the party
- Bought packet of $2 stickers and tore of the sheets for each bag
- Bought packets of $2 party stuffers from Kmart (bouncy balls, whistles, plastic rings)
- Glow sticks
- Curly straws
- Packets of Saltanas
- Little race cars
Bakers House. A gorgeous heritage hall we hired for the day. It is a stunning space, perfect if you’re not sure what the weather will be like BUT it’s extremely over priced and they don’t provide anything! I’m surprised they didn’t ask us to provide our own kitchen sink!!! $65 per hour + a $500 bond (which they take out).
The Naming Ceremony
Natasha Lay one of my best friends wrote the most GORGEOUS speech for the ceremony. I loved that we have a deep connection with Tash so it was super special having her do the ceremony and it meaning something more than just words on a paper. We announced Alaska’s god parents with the custom plaques.
This post is in no way sponsored. Discounts were provided with some suppliers in exchange for a mutual collaboration. However, all products were paid for by myself & Ben. All words, creativity, imagery & thoughts are completely my own.
Don’t forget to stop by my Instagram page for more inspo, shits & giggles.