I’ve been stalking Pinterest and youtube lately for some fun activities I can do with Alaska. She’s struggling lately with her new baby brother sucking up her mummy’s attention, SOOO I’m making it my mission to do something different with her every day to keep her little mind occupied and smothered in love.
What you’ll need
- Food colouring
- Hot water
- Containers for each colour
- Spoon for each container
- Pot to cook eggs
- Drop sheet to protect your floor
- Apron would be handy- it gets messy!!!
The Fun Part
- Cook the eggs the day before – they need to be hard boiled
- Boil the kettle
- Put a table spoon of vinegar into each container
- A table spoon of food colouring into each container
- A cup of boiling water over the die and vinegar and mix together
- Set up your craft station with a drop sheet on the floor to ensure nothing gets stained
- Use the crayons to draw onto the eggs. Write peoples names, draw shapes. Write the alphabet on the eggs
- Use your spoon to lift the eggs out after a minute or so. Leave them on your drop sheet to dry
- We used the die and paint brushes afterwards and made more art work on paper. Alaska got to be even more creative and watch the water and food die mix together on the paper
If you get creative with your little ones too, please tag me on Instagram so I can share with everyone and show you off.
This blog is in no way sponsored.
All words, creativity & thoughts are completely my own.
Don’t forget to stop by my Instagram page for more inspo, shits & giggles.