How do you keep organised? A question I often get asked, which surprises me because I wouldn’t class myself as overly organised. It just comes naturally to me, I love organising as it makes me feel like my life is somewhat in order, HA!
I’ll share some of my tips & tricks that I do which helps to declutter the mind, helps to destress and to avoid the unwanted overwhelming feeling.
The Rainbow Playroom
I was feeling extremely overwhelmed with the amount of “stuff” we had in this room. It was a combined office for me, as well as a play space for Alaska. It was always jammed to the brim with crap and neither of us enjoyed being in the space. So it was time for a clean out and a huge organisation spree!
- We sold the old furniture we no longer needed/ wanted.
- Took out everything from the room completely so it was a blank canvas.
- I spent a day planning what I wanted to go back into the space. I always find that when I rush into things, it turns out differently to what I actually want. If I take my time and really plan what I want then I’m usually happier with the outcome.
- We bought a heap of plastic storage containers and spread them out onto the floor.
- We started sorting through all of the toys, throwing them into each box, giving them a permanent home.
- Any toys we no longer wanted/ needed we put into a donate pile.
- We figured out how many additional boxes we needed to buy, which gave us an idea of what other storage solutions we needed to make the space organised and functional.
- Ordered a bunch of labels to put on each box. Once we’ve finished playing with a box, we know where to put it back. It also encourage Alaska to recognise words and to teach her to put her things away.
- I added colour into the space to make it bright, fun and inviting.
ITEMS WITH DISCOUNTS:
lots of stockists available in our gift guide HERE with generous discounts.
- Olli Ella dolls pram 20% off in the guide
- OYOY rainbow wall rug 15% off in the guide
- Maileg Mini dolls prams 15% off in the guide
- Colourful Rug 20% off in the guideRugs Of Beauty + FREE shipping
- Crayons Funny little Crayons 15% off in the guide
- Kids boater hat 20% off in the guide
- Labels for boxes Little Label Co (now that we have things in boxes, there’s new labels I want made to make it even more organised)
- Multi Level wood grain floor storage IKEA
- Smaller Wood wall grain storage (still to arrive & be installed) IKEA
- Rectangle wood grain floor storage IKEA
- White boxes IKEA
- Paper & paper roll holder IKEA
- Wood table & chairs Mocka Australia
- Kallax wood book shelf IKEA
- Picture frames IKEA
- Sticky removable Hooks Bunnings
- 8m Tube fairy lights for ceiling Bunnings (haven’t yet done these)
This page is in no way sponsored. Some products were gifted in exchange for a professional collaboration. However, the majority of products were purchased by myself.
All words, creativity & thoughts are completely my own.
Don’t forget to stop by my Instagram page for more inspo, shits & giggles.