How do you keep organised? A question I often get asked, which surprises me because I wouldn’t class myself as overly organised. It just comes naturally to me, I love organising as it makes me feel like my life is somewhat in order, HA!
I’ll share some of my tips & tricks that I do which helps to declutter the mind, helps to destress and to avoid the unwanted overwhelming feeling.
The Rainbow Playroom
I was feeling extremely overwhelmed with the amount of “stuff” we had in this room. It was a combined office for me, as well as a play space for Alaska. It was always jammed to the brim with crap and neither of us enjoyed being in the space. So it was time for a clean out and a huge organisation spree!
- We sold the old furniture we no longer needed/ wanted.
- Took out everything from the room completely so it was a blank canvas.
- I spent a day planning what I wanted to go back into the space. I always find that when I rush into things, it turns out differently to what I actually want. If I take my time and really plan what I want then I’m usually happier with the outcome.
- We bought a heap of plastic storage containers and spread them out onto the floor.
- We started sorting through all of the toys, throwing them into each box, giving them a permanent home.
- Any toys we no longer wanted/ needed we put into a donate pile.
- We figured out how many additional boxes we needed to buy, which gave us an idea of what other storage solutions we needed to make the space organised and functional.
- Ordered a bunch of labels to put on each box. Once we’ve finished playing with a box, we know where to put it back. It also encourage Alaska to recognise words and to teach her to put her things away.
- I added colour into the space to make it bright, fun and inviting.
ITEMS WITH DISCOUNTS:
lots of stockists available in our gift guide HERE with generous discounts.
- Olli Ella dolls pram 20% off in the guide
- OYOY rainbow wall rug 15% off in the guide
- Maileg Mini dolls prams 15% off in the guide
- Colourful Rug 20% off in the guideRugs Of Beauty + FREE shipping
- Crayons Funny little Crayons 15% off in the guide
- Kids boater hat 20% off in the guide
- Labels for boxes Little Label Co (now that we have things in boxes, there’s new labels I want made to make it even more organised)
- Multi Level wood grain floor storage IKEA
- Smaller Wood wall grain storage (still to arrive & be installed) IKEA
- Rectangle wood grain floor storage IKEA
- White boxes IKEA
- Paper & paper roll holder IKEA
- Wood table & chairs Mocka Australia
- Kallax wood book shelf IKEA
- Picture frames IKEA
- Sticky removable Hooks Bunnings
- 8m Tube fairy lights for ceiling Bunnings (haven’t yet done these)
This page is in no way sponsored. Some products were gifted in exchange for a professional collaboration. However, the majority of products were purchased by myself.
All words, creativity & thoughts are completely my own.
Don’t forget to stop by my Instagram page for more inspo, shits & giggles.
Hi! Just wondering, the paper roll holder in the photos is different to the Ikea one you’ve shown and linked to, is the one you have no longer available? Or is it from somewhere else? Thank you! 🙂
So good when everything has a place!! This is looking fab!
Everything looks so AMAZING so far!! You are definitely giving me inspiration right now, when I need it most. I’m also in the process of trying to reorganize my sons playroom/bedroom and I hit a stump but seeing your progress gives me hope and inspiration! thank you for posting