How do you keep organised? I question I often get asked, which surprises me because I wouldn’t class myself as overly organised. It just comes naturally to me, I love organising as it makes me feel like my life is somewhat in order, HA!
I’ll share some of my tips & tricks that I do which helps to declutter the mind, helps to destress and to avoid the unwanted overwhelming feeling.
This room is currently in progress, but I’ll link all the things as I go along.
I was feeling extremely overwhelmed with the amount of “stuff” we had in this room. It was a combined office for me, as well as a play space for Alaska. It was always jammed to the brim with crap and neither of us enjoyed being in the space. So it was time for a clean out and a huge organisation spree!
- We sold the old furniture we no longer needed/ wanted.
- Took out everything from the room completely so it was a blank canvas.
- I spent a day planning what I wanted to go back into the space. I always find that when I rush into things, it turns out differently to what I actually want. If I take my time and really plan what I want then I’m usually happier with the outcome.
- We bought a heap of plastic storage containers and spread them out onto the floor.
- We started sorting through all of the toys, throwing them into each box, giving them a permanent home.
- Any toys we no longer wanted/ needed we put into a donate pile.
- We figured out how many additional boxes we needed to buy, which gave us an idea of what other storage solutions we needed to make the space organised and functional.
- Ordered a bunch of labels to put on each box. Once we’ve finished playing with a box, we know where to put it back. It also encourage Alaska to recognise words and to teach her to put her things away.
- I added colour into the space to make it bright, fun and inviting.
- Labels for boxes (still to arrive) Little Label Co
- Multi Level wood grain floor storage IKEA
- Smaller Wood wall grain storage (still to arrive & be installed) IKEA
- Rectangle wood grain floor storage IKEA
- White boxes IKEA
- Paper & paper roll holder IKEA
- Wood table & chairs Mocka Australia
- Colourful Rug (still to arrive) 15% off always with my exclusive code misskyreeloves Rugs Of Beauty
- Kallax wood book shelf IKEA
- Picture frames IKEA
- Sticky removable Hooks Bunnings
- 8m Tube fairy lights for ceiling Bunnings
This page is in no way sponsored. All words, creativity & thoughts are completely my own.
Don’t forget to stop by my Instagram page for more inspo, shits & giggles.