Australia is burning to the ground around us. Our island home is in complete devastation. Our people are fleeing from their homes, forced to find shelter on the beaches, in the water, on Navy ships. Homes are being burnt to the ground, lives are being lost, millions of native animals have died. Exhausted volunteer firefighters are working months on end, away from their paying jobs.
” To our overseas friends, we are in the midst of our biggest humanitarian crisis and largest peace time evacuation”. We’ve been burning for months. It’s pitch black in the middle of the day. It’s like something out of a movie. And the worst is yet to come.”From the incredible Marcia león
HOW CAN I HELP?
Australia is begging for your help, from all around the world. Here is everything I could find summed up into one list. It’s overwhelming to say the least, seeing a flood of different ways to donate on social media. It’s brilliant people are sharing awareness, but it can be confusing knowing who to support. Not everyone is able to financially donate, but there’s a lot of other ways you can help.
Share On Social Media
BE LOUD! Social media is a grim time right now, but it’s also extremely inspiring to see our country come together in such a devastating time. Post on your socials with information on how to help- Instagram, facebook, twitter. Flood your channels so we can reach the deepest of pockets across the world! The more you share, the more we can raise awareness and reach the deepest of pockets around the world.
Contact Your Government
The incredible @annarose_richards has pre written a detailed letter encouraging everyone to fill in the blanks and send it to your local government. She shares how we can make impactful legislative change. Download the letter HERE Takes a couple of minutes and the impact will be ENORMOUS if everyone takes the time to do this.
Ways To Be Supportive
1.Shop with the affected businesses. @Spendwiththem will be show casing businesses affected by the fires. You can put your money directly into them and help directly.
2. Buy school supplies. Back Packs For Bushfires are collecting back packs full of school supplies to donate to the children affected by the fires. Helping them start school in February with the essentials. Click the below for your drop off locations.
@backpacks_for_bushfires_nsw CLICK HERE
@backpacks_for_bushfires_vic CLICK HERE
@backpacksforbushfires_ CLICK HERE
3. Buy a local food. It’s my Shout is for the East Gippsland area allowing you to donate money to support the local businesses directly. You can buy a meal, a coffee, a place to stay, an activity. Sponsor a business with your virtual booking, shop a retailer or pay it forward and buy a local a meal DONATE HERE
4. Donate flybuys points to the Red Cross. Members can give their points and flybuys will then convert the points to a $5 donation to the Australian Red Cross. 1000 points = $5 DONATE HERE.
5. Donate to @theperiodproject who will supplying sanitary essentials to @foodbank. Periods don’t stop during a crisis and the fire victims need our help with sanitary essentials. More info & to DONATE HERE
6. Donate blood to @lifebloodau find out how to HERE
7. Donate Food. Donate to @foodbankvictoria find out how to donate directly to the VIC bushfire fund HERE. For international donations use post code 2113. Also Anglicare for food donations HERE.
8. Register your spaces on Airbnb Open Homes. Offer emergency housing by opening your homes for the fire victims.
Read more on how to OFFER YOUR SPACE HERE.
Find already available emergency housing HERE.
9. Volunteer. Find out where your local drop off points / evacuation centres are DETAILED NSW EVACUATION CENTRE LIST HERE and donate your time. They desperately need help sorting out donated supplies. Disaster Welfare Assistance Line 1800 018 444 OPEN EVERY DAY 8:30am – 4:30pm
10. Plant a native tree for $3.75 DONATE HERE
@cfcnaus Thousands of trees will need replanting and every cent counts!
Money donations are preferred as there aren’t enough resources at this stage to distribute essentials to the fire victims. The fires are also still raging so donations are needed to support the fire fighters still on the front fighting the blazes.
@givit_aus DONATE HERE Givit are providing physical donations and need our help raising money. There’s a massive list of what’s required on their website HERE.
Donate Directly To The Brave Firefighters Families
Firefighter Samuel McPaul MORE HERE
Acc Name: NSW Rural Fire service
BSB: 032 001 Account No: 183554
Firefighters Geoffrey Keaton & Andrew O’Dwyer MORE HERE
Acc Name: NSW Rural Fire service
BSB: 032 001 Account No: 183556
Donate Directly To Each States Fire Departments
1. Donate $112 to provide adequate respirators for the fire fighters. It’s disgusting that our firefighters have to buy their own adequate breathing masks, please help support those who are STILL fighting the ferocious fires. Find out more info HERE and @mysisterskeeper_ophelia
Donate By Phone: Call (07) 3255 6455 to make the payment over the phone. Quote “My Sisters Keeper” campaign.
Donate By Bank Deposit:
Ophelia Haragli BSB: 082231 Account NO: 436029234 Description: MSK FIREFIGHTERS
International Payments Swift Code: NATAAU3302S
2. VICTORIA – DONATE HERE
@cfavic CFA Brigades Donation Fund
BSB: 063 225 Account No: 1022 0603
3. NEW South Wales – DONATE HERE
@nswrfs NSW Rural Fire Service
BSB: 032-001 Account No: 171051
4. Western Australia – DONATE HERE
@dfes_wa I couldn’t find an actual bank account, please let me know if there is one to add.
Donate to a local Brigade HERE
5. South Australia – DONATE HERE
Kangaroo Island Mayors Bushfire Appeal fund
BSB: 105 094 Account No: 035 680 540
6. Milton Ulladulla Region Bushfire appeal
Acc Name: Treading lightly Inc.
BSB: 633 000 Account No: 1700 66377
@treading_lightly_inc more info HERE
International Fundraising- Anyone Can Donate All Over The World!
1. How to donate to the West Australia fires DONATE HERE
How to donate to the New South Wales fires DONATE HERE
3. How to donate to the Victoria fires DONATE HERE
4. How to donate to the South Australia fires DONATE HERE
5. How to donate to the Gippsland Emergency Relief Fund DONATE HERE
Want to start your own fundraiser- The Victoria CFA also has a fundraising kit here with information on how to host one. Please keep in mind you need to look into the legalities before you start a fundraiser.
Supporting Our Animals
- @wireswildliferescue To help the rescued NSW wildlife donate HERE
- @wildlifevictoria To help the rescued Victorian wildlife Donate HERE
- @portstephenskoalas Adopt a Koala from $50 HERE
- @Rescuecraftco For crafters to lend their skills to help the animals HERE
- @Currumbinwildlifehospital Donate HERE
- @kiwiwildlifepark Donate HERE
- @wwf Adopt a koala HERE
- @rspcansw Donate HERE
*UPDATE: Mittens are no longer required. But other knitted items are required. See image below.*
@animalrescuecraftguild MORE INFO HERE
Helping Communities Recover
- @convoyofhopeAUS More info HERE
- Australian Red Cross DONATE HERE
- The Salvation Army DONATE HERE
- Vinnies DONATE HERE Desperately need mens clothing & wooden blankets
Help The Affected Families
A list of families below affected by the fires, desperately seeking our help.
- Mitch & Pippa & young children – In Conjola DONATE HERE
- Jason & Nadia Taylor (due with 3rd baby next month)- DONATE HERE
- Casey & Sarah & their 6 Month old baby – In MiltonLovett/Ellis/Johannes family DONATE HERE
- Hayley Furguson, her baby & Mum- In Conjola DONATE HERE
- Barbara & Lyle Stewart & son- In Nerrigundah DONATE HERE
- Scott (firefighter) Zoe & girls – DONATE HERE
- Lauren, Brooke and Byron – In Cobargo DONATE HERE
- Peter & Vanessa Williams – In Mogo DONATE HERE
- Mark Hogan & Family – In Jeremadra DONATE HERE
- Mirren Hogan & Family – DONATE HERE
- Jessica Roman’s Parents – In Mogo DONATE HERE
- Lovett/Ellis/Johannes family – DONATE HERE
- Michael – In Tasmania DONATE HERE
- Srisa Heffernan – In Bodalla DONATE HERE
- Lockie Mitchell & family – In Batemas Bay DONATE HERE
- Celeste Reid’s Parents – In Mogo DONATE HERE
Make Plans To Visit
@Roadtripforgood Plan your road trip HERE
@Emptyesky Supporting local businesses affected by the fires HERE
When the fires eventually stop, communicates will need rebuilding. This will be a long, exhausting and traumatic road to rebuild for each family and each town. We need to continue to come together and support, long after the fires are out.
Make plans to visit the areas, spend money on the rebuilt stores, fill your cars at the petrol stations, pump money back into each town to help keep them alive.
A list of active social pages encouraging you to visit. Updating their sites daily with suggestions on where to go.
lots of online stores are donating sales, if you’re one of them, leave your store details in the comments below for people to find and support you where they can.
If there are any other organisations please let me know so I can update the list.
This is not sponsored or endorsed by any of the organisations linked.
Hi Kyree, here’s a few others…
Thankyou Kyree! You have done such a fabulous job gathering all this information. OhJoyLoves is donating 100% profits from all sales to CFA Victoria until further notice. http://www.ohjoyloves.com.au
Thank you for posting Kyree! Penuke Store will be donating 100% of sales this week (6 Jan to 10 Jan) to the Red Cross Australia Bushfire appeal.
We’re donating 50% profits until Jan 8th to @nswrfs, @cfavic and @wireswildliferescue.
✨Reverie Craft – your place for quality, stylish, non-toxic, and eco-friendly children treasures, including handmade wooden toys, swaddles & beddings and eco-friendly dinnerware.
Thank you for sharing Kyree. We have natural essential oil products, amber beads and aromatherapy jewellery for sale. With 10% of all sales for the whole month of Jan going to Red Cross Australia ♡
EveEco Baby- 100% natural rubber eco friendly bath toys, teethers and play mats.
100% of profits from sales made in the next 7 days will be donated to NSW RFS and Wires Wildlife Rescue Organisation
Blossom and Pear are donating 50% of all profits to WIRES and Australian Red Cross.
Baby Journals, Milestone Cards, Birth Stat Prints, Wooden Name Plaques, Family Journal.
We are donating $5 from every Australia themed Craft Box to the Red Cross. This box is wonderful for 3-6 year olds to open up discussion about our rich culture and precious land. Purchase using the link below.
Thank you for sharing this Kyree! We donated our first round of bushfire donations to WWF Australia, now we’re starting our second round of donations of 10% of profits this weekend to a chosen charity by our followers (yet to be confirmed) and are now extending this to the whole week x
We are donating 50% of all sales (not just profits) until midnight Sunday 5/01/20 to Red Cross Australia’s Disaster Relief Fund ❤️
The Little Flutters – fabric butterfly hair clips, headbands and play items
100% of sales 4th & 5th Jan will be donated to RFS & WIRES