I love our lounge room, it’s not an overly huge space but it’s perfect for our little family. I love being able to change up the look of the room when I get bored with the look. The way this room is designed, we can’t really move around furniture, but relocating the styling pieces refreshens the room making it more loveable.
- Don’t buy EVERYTHING with too much colour. When you style a room with too much colour, it becomes outdated very quickly. If you’re like me, then getting bored with a space happens far to frequently and changing the look can become rather expensive. By choosing only a few items with the colour theme you’re going for, means it will be a lot cheaper to swap things around when it comes time to changing the colour palette.
- Swap the prints in your frames when you get bored. Choosing different prints from stores such as Yorkelee Prints is an affordable way to change up the look of a room. I’m forever changing the prints in my frames, it livens the space and gives the room a whole new look.
- Add different textures. Add different throw cushions that have different textures and patterns to add an an pealing element to the space. I try not to use the same type of cushion twice in the one space, I’m not a huge fan of symmetry when it comes to throw cushions. All different shapes, sizes and patterns marry perfectly in the one space (provided they all fit into your colour theme).
- Don’t over style- It needs to be homely. I probably over style when it comes to taking photos, but I swear by making rooms feel homely and comfortable. There’s nothing worse than going to someones house and feeling like it you can’t touch anything. If you’re ever in doubt, stand back, look at the room as a whole and take one thing away.
If you have a smaller room in your home, just remember that when you get bored of the space, just change something small and you’ll feel like it’s a whole new room.
Lounge Details below xox
SHOP THE LOOK…
- Scandi Books by Immy and Indi
- Lush cream by Bloom and Co
- My Year print by Miss Papperista
- Wedding Vowels typed out by Tea Leaf Collections
- Round Grey Pillow by Canmore Home
- Candle by Coco Daydream
- Girls head black and white, blush pink roses, girls torso prints by Yorkelee Prints
- Lounge by Freedom Australia
- Wall decal, Anna Balow Print by Hello Little Birdie
ps would love a blog post on styling up a bedroom. That is one area I really struggle. The bedside table and getting the right texture / balance on the bed.
I have put more colour back into my home. it was too bland and I love scandi but it needed a bit more punch for me. I added a Rachel Castle tea towel art print and I got this fantastic cushion (name escapes me) and honestly it has brightened the whole room whilst still keeping it fresh and scandi. A lovely potted fern and it’s one of my favourite spaces. I have just ordered a knot cushion as well to pop on the couch – I keep seeing them on insta now and I had to have one!
Love it – im itching to change things around a little but not sure where to start …. we just did a black feature wall to hide the TV and i think that’s got me buzzing ….